Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Things I will miss about being pregnant

* Having strangers smile at me. Anytime I go anywhere I always encounter at least one person who makes a point to make eye contact and smile. I feel like the number increases when I have one of the boys with me. When someone smiles at you, you can't help but smile back which puts me in a good mood.
* "You look great" When else in your life do people come up and tell you that you look great when you are in jeans and a t-shirt. I have made a mental note to myself to make sure to tell the pregnant people I see how wonderful they look and hopefully it will make their day as much as it made mine.
* Seeing the boys talk to my tummy. Every night when they go to bed, they will come and say goodnight to me and then good night to the baby. They give my "big ole belly" (Ben's words, not mine) a hug and a kiss. Ben will also tell the baby what he did when he gets home from school and if we go somewhere fun. "Baby, we are going to the park today!"
* The anticipation! There is nothing more exciting then waking up thinking that by the end of the day I may be a mom of THREE!
* I know this is the most cliched answer, but feeling the baby move is the most amazing feeling in the world. Hands down this is what I will miss the most.

Today has been much better than yesterday. Nate and I went to bed at 9 last night and I think a good night sleep is what I needed the most. I got up, showered, put one of my favorite maternity tops on and have been in a much better mood then yesterday. The really painful contractions have stopped which has been awesome. I go to the midwife tomorrow and get to have my last ultrasound. If I can't meet the baby in person, this is the next best thing. Hopefully things are not too squished and we can get some good pictures. The absolute best part is that I will be considered full term tomorrow. Yeah for me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Isn't the 4D the coolest? I wish my doc had one. Are you guys going to Berry Patch? It is so fun, I am sure you have been before with the boys. Maybe you'll have bean this weekend!

October 16, 2008 at 3:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home