Saturday, September 13, 2008

32 weeks!

I had my 32 week appointment yesterday. When I was hospitalized 3 weeks ago, my goal was to make it to 32 weeks. Well that came and went on Thursday and the baby looks great. First of all, I gained THREE pounds in 8 days which is awesome. The nurse who weighed me said she had never seen anyone so excited about gaining weight. I figure the only thing I have any control over is my caloric intake, so I am going to do my best to fatten this baby up. Since I was measuring really small last week, I got to see the little bean this time. The baby is measuring 4 pounds 4 ounces and has hair! My cervix (it wouldn't be a blog post these days without talking about my cervix) is still closed and measuring 4.5cm. We had to increase my dosage on Wednesday since my contractions were picking up in both frequency and intensity, but obviously we caught it early enough that it didn't do anything to my cervix. Also little bean is still breech.
I talked to my midwife (have I mentioned how much I love her) about where to go from here. She thinks since it is still early, I need to keep taking my meds and stay on bedrest. I can do a little more than last week, but the biggest thing is to not be standing up for any length of time. The kids were awesome last week, so I agreed with her. At this point, there is no need to risk it so that I can grocery shop. Nate is slowly coming around to the idea that I can do more things. He always thinks I am overdoing it.
Also a big shout-out to everyone that went out of their way to make my birthday awesome. Thanks for the cards, emails, texts, facebook messages, etc... My parents brought me dinner on Thursday since Nate and Jack were at football practice. Nate and I celebrated last night with sushi take out and a movie. I broke the rules on Wednesday and went to dinner with my friends from college. For my sanity, I needed to see the outside of my house and people other than my family. It was great to see everyone and catch up. Also I know a lot of you who read my blog, also read Katie's. Her internet is down, but she had a great appointment yesterday. Hopefully she will be able to post about it soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home