Wednesday, October 1, 2008

"Model Patient"

The bean and I had a fantastic appointment today! Reason #9992092 I love my midwife: She came in to the room today and told me that I kept up my end of the deal by making it to 35 weeks and asked me what I wanted to do. I told her I felt like after 6 weeks my body had adjusted to the medicine and I was contracting through it all of the time. She said that it was definitely a possibility so I am now off bedrest and medicine! She said I could still take some at night or in the morning if the contractions were painful. I gained another 2 pounds in the last two weeks. And for the absolute best part...the bean flipped!!! Yeah Little Bean! I was measuring really far behind as of my last appointment, but after the bean flipped I am measuring right on target. She checked me and said I had thined out and was slightly dialated which is where most people are at 35 weeks. So as of right now they would not do anything to stop labor. I have an appointment in two weeks if I don't go into labor before then. At the end of my appointment she told me that I was a model patient!
The boys are getting really excited for the baby to get here. We got all of the baby gear out of the basement this weekend, which I think made it very really for Ben. He has been a little more clingy than normal. We are playing up the big brother thing which is working. Jack has been awesome about telling him how much fun it is to be a big kid and not the baby of the family anymore.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Good job model patient! I hope little bean holds out till after Sat. so you and Ben can come to the party. You can sit on my couch!

October 1, 2008 at 11:09 AM

 
Blogger MattandErin said...

Awesome! I knew everything would be fine! My guess is little bean will come at 37 weeks... Maybe I will get the first phone call from the hospital! Congrats and see you Saturday! Erin

October 1, 2008 at 1:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home