Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Fun Game

While on bedrest, I have started reading blogs much more frequently. I came accross one of a girl who was on bedrest for SEVENTEEN WEEKS. She was having contractions that were changing her cervix around 20 weeks. She was on bedrest until they took her off at 37 weeks. The baby decided to stick around for another 2 weeks until her water broke at 39 weeks. Anyways, before she found out the gender she did a poll on her blog to see what people thought her baby was going to be. She complied a list of Old Wives Tales and answered them to help her friends and family guess what she was having. So I added a poll to my blog and here are my answers to the Old Wives Tales (minus the ones that talk about boobs. My Dad and brothers read this thing.) Also I would like to disclose that if you have 2 of one gender the chance that your third will be that same gender, is about 75%. On the other hand, Dino (Matt Harrison's Grandmom) has accurately predicted the gender of all four of her grandbabies correctly. She thinks I am having a girl.

OLD WIVES TALES:
1) If you carry high, it’s a girl. Low, it’s a boy. I feel like I am carrying higher this time so we will say GIRL
2) If the heartbeat is under 140 bpm, it’s a boy. If it is over 140 bpm, it’s a girl. GIRL (for the sake of full disclosure, both the boys were higher than 140)
3) Tie your wedding ring to a string and dangle it over your belly. If it swings back and forth, it’s a boy. If it goes in circles, it’s a girl. You can also do this holding the string over your open palm. BOY
4) Chinese Gender Chart (http://parenting.ivillage.com/ttc/ttcsigns/0,,j736,00.html ) Some say this is correct 90% of the time. Girl
5) If you have acne during pregnancy, it’s a girl. If you don’t, it’s a boy. No pimples here, BOY
6) If you have morning sickness, you’re having a girl. If you don’t, you’re having a boy. I had all day sickness the entire first trimester, so GIRL. (I was sick with Ben the entire first trimester as well)
9) If your urine is neon yellow, it’s a boy. If it’s a dull yellow, it’s a girl. Um, BOY. And I don’t like talking about my urine.
10) If you’re hair on your legs grows faster, it’s a girl. I haven’t noticed any kind of sudden overgrowth on my legs. BOY.
11) If the dad to be is gaining weight with you, it’s a boy. If he stays the same, it’s a girl. I should check with Nate to be sure, but I’m going to say GIRL.
12) If you have headaches, you’re having a boy. If you don’t, it’s a girl. Boy (although I am not sure how many of those headaches are due to lack of caffeine)
13) Girls steal your beauty. If you look better than before, it’s a boy. If you don’t, it’s a girl. I am going with my pre-bedrest look since I am currently rocking the messy pony, pjs and no make-up. I received several complements from people who know me and random strangers about how good I look so I will say BOY.
14) If your feet are colder than usual, it’s a boy. If they’re the same, it’s a girl. GIRL? (They are actually hotter than normal)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Lisa,
What a fun game! However, a lof of those old wives tales were not correct with me. I carried low, my feet were always cold, I had no morning sickness and rob did gain some weight when I was pregnant (but probably becuase I never cooked when I was preggo)...obviously I had a girl:)

It will be neat to go back once you have the baby and see what was true.

September 2, 2008 at 10:21 AM

 
Blogger Don said...

Almost all signs pointed to girl for me... Did you hear the one about craving citrus? I couldn't get enough OJ the first few weeks of this pregnancy with Hannah. I was totally convinced when the psychic that Matt treated said it was girl - maybe we need to give her a call? :) Erin

September 2, 2008 at 4:26 PM

 
Blogger MattandErin said...

Lisa, that was me posted as "don". I was logged in as Matt's dad to do some stuff on a google calendar. Ooops.

September 2, 2008 at 4:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home