Thursday, August 28, 2008

You have got to be kidding me....

First and foremost, my appointment today was great. My cervix is still measuring 4cm and the medicine seems to have my contractions under control for the most part. I am still on super strict bedrest until next week. If everything remains the same then I can tone down the bedrest slightly. Currently I can only get up to shower and go to the bathroom, so it will be nice to see outside my bedroom on a regular basis. And now for the intersting part---Little Bean is BREECH!!!! So if I go into labor soon not only is it way too early, I will also end up with an emergency c-section. Awesome. My midwife sent me home with some instructions on different positions I can lay in to try and turn the baby. I go in next week for another ultrasound, so hopefully the bean will have flipped by then.
On the home front, everyone seems to be adjusting to Mommy on bedrest. We did have one instance that involved Nate, the dryer, and one of my favorite dry clean only shirts but overall things have been going well. Nate's Mom is here to help with the boys (and by help, I mean totally take care of them) through the weekend. The boys are so excited she is here. Jack doesn't seem to be permanently scarred that I will not be attending his party on Friday night. That makes one of us. ;)
Thanks for all of the emails, phone calls, etc... over the last couple of days. It really helps the time go by faster.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Lisa,
I am so glad your appt went well! And hopefully you will be on a more relaxed bedrest starting next week.... I know it must stink to be stuck in your bed all day everyday, but whatever it takes to keep little bean in your tummy, right?!?

I hope little bean will decide to do some tumbling moves in your tummy so you do not have to have a c-section.

I am thinking about you!

August 28, 2008 at 11:01 AM

 
Blogger MattandErin said...

Lisa,

I am so glad to hear that your appointment went so well! That is awesome! Don't worry about Bean Sanders turning, he/she has plenty of time! I've got plenty of DVD's if you need something to help pass th next week... Just let me know! Erin

August 28, 2008 at 12:47 PM

 
Blogger Nancy Eckert said...

The boys are ADOREABLE! I know it's rough being on bedrest but there's light at the end.... Rest is the best thing. Soon you'll really be running around! I get excited just thinking about the new baby! Don't worry if you do need a C-Sec - I know somebody who did great with 5 of them! ho ho
Love Ya,
Aunt Nance

August 29, 2008 at 5:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home