Saturday, August 23, 2008

Greetings from Northside :(

Well apparently I spoke too soon on Wednesday. My test that diagnoses preterm labor came back positive on Friday. Essentially this means I have an increased risk of going into labor in the next two weeks. I was 29 weeks on Thursday so this baby definitely needs to stay in much longer than two weeks. We checked into Northside on Friday night and the first thing they did was measure my cervix which is thankfully still long. The baby looked perfect and is measuring at 3 pounds and 3 ounces. I received a steroid shot for the baby's lungs and they began to monitor my contractions. I made it a whole 30 minutes on the monitor before the nurse came in with the brethine. For those of you who were around with my previous pregnancies,I lovingly refer to bretine as "crack pills" because it literally makes me shaky and feel like my heart is coming out of my chest. However, it works. My contractions have slowed dramatically. I get to go home tonight after receiving my final steroid shot to mature the baby's lungs. I am on strict bedrest for the remainder of the next two weeks. WHEN I make it past those two weeks it will be a week by week thing to determine my activity level.
I had my major freak out on Friday but have been ok since I got to the hospital. It is such a weight off my shoulders to have someone else determine what contractions I should be worrying about, what I can/can't do, etc... I am sure these next two weeks are going to be hard and I am going to have to resist the urge to call the doctor with every twinge. Please keep not only little bean and I in your prayers, but Nate and the boys as well. Jack turns 7 on Monday and I won't be able to bring cupcakes to his class or attend his party, which is making me cry even thinking about. Nate as been awesome, but I think it will be an adjustment for Ben.
I wanted to thank everyone for their emails, text messages, facebook messages and phone calls. It means the world to me knowing that so many people are thinking about and praying for us. I will keep you posted as much as possible.

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

We are praying for you and little bean and the rest of the family. Glad to know you received excellent care at Northside. I'll be thinking about you guys over the next couple weeks especially:)

August 23, 2008 at 12:58 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

Lisa,
I am so sorry you are having to go through this, but whatever you have to do too keep little bean in your belly for a while longer. We are thinking of you and praying for you, little bean, and the entire family.

August 23, 2008 at 1:42 PM

 
Blogger MattandErin said...

Let me know what I can do to help... I am just a phone call away. Stay put, Baby Sanders!

August 24, 2008 at 8:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home