Thursday, October 16, 2008

37 Week Appointment--never been to one of those before!

We had a great appointment today! Friends of ours were talking about getting a 4D ultrasound done and Nate was curious what the fourth dimenson was so he asked Sandra the ultrasound tech today. She said it was movement. Well she started my sizing ultrasound and said that the baby was in perfect position. So she switched over to 4D for us. She is awesome. I have never met anyone who truly loves their job as much as she does. The 4D was so amazing. The baby looks just like Ben and Jack did when they were born, chubby cheeks and the sweetest face. We got a couple of pictures and it will be neat to compare them to pictures after the baby is born. The baby measured 6 pounds 2 ounces. I am not sure I believe that since the boys were so much bigger, but we will see.
I met with my midwife and it was pretty uneventful. I opted not to get checked since it doesn't really matter at this point. Even if I had dialated more since Tuesday, there is nothing they can do if I am not in active labor. So we are still playing the waiting game. It is very exciting to know that this baby will be full term! I am really worried about the size, but am choosing to have faith in the ultrasound measurements. I think I am going to meet with the doctor in the practice for my next appointment just for a second opinion on things. Other than that we have a fun weekend planned of football and pumpkin patch visits.

1 Comments:

Blogger MattandErin said...

Yea for making it full term! Now it time to get that baby out - you want to go to Scalini's for some eggplant parm?! Congrats! Erin

October 17, 2008 at 6:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home