Monday, February 16, 2009

Nate is 30!!!



I started thinking about Nate's birthday around the same time I went on bedrest with Caroline. He is definitely not the huge blow-out party type. After Thanksgiving, Nate took Jack to the Georgia-Georgia Tech game. He called me on his way home and talked about how much he misses Athens, the good times we had there, etc... So I decided to surprise him with a night out in Athens for his birthday. Now since I was not working at the time, it was going to be tricky to find a way to pay for said night out in Athens without him knowing about it. So for the past several months, every week I went to the grocery store I would get cash back. I stuck the money in an evelope under the bed! Since Nate's birthday was Friday and our reservations were for Saturday, I had to think of something fun to do for his actual birthday. Ben, Caroline, and I met him for lunch. After the kids went to bed, we had game night with the neighbors. I made his favorite cake and got some beer and we played Scene It ESPN and Friends. It was a great time. On Saturday we woke up and I gave Nate his card for Valentine's Day. I told him about our night on the town in the card. He was super surprised! We headed down to Athens and it was so nice to have a conversation without being interrupted. We didn't turn the radio on once! When we checked in at the Foundry, the guy said he upgraded our room. We get to our room and realize it is the Presidential Suite. It was HUGE! The website said 1400 square feet! We got dressed and then headed to Bissets to have a drink before dinner. Nate's best friend from college met us there and the three of us laughed and caught up. It was so great to see Russell. Our dinner was fantastic! As we were waiting for the shuttle to take us back to the Foundry(at 9:45) I had such deja'vu. We were on the same corner where we used to wait for cabs in college. We had breakfast delivered to the room the next morning. It was such a perfect weekend.




3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly and Brent said...

Happy Birthday Nate! Lisa, I LOVE your idea on how to save money the sneaky way! ;) I will definitely have to try that next time. It sounds like Nate had a wonderful birthday and Valentine's Day. So glad you guys had a great time in Athens. And your suite looked VERY nice!

February 16, 2009 at 8:58 AM

 
Blogger Jen Daniel said...

Happy Birthday Nate! That room is awesome! I miss Athens too! I feel bad I didn't do anything for Louis' 30th. It was 4 months after the girls were born and I was in no shape to party plan. Oh well. I guess he'll have a big 40th! Are you ready for that night out yet?

February 16, 2009 at 8:02 PM

 
Blogger Jackie Blum said...

Happy belated birthday, Nate! Looks like you guys had a great weekend!

February 18, 2009 at 4:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home