Saturday, January 24, 2009

Caroline's Crib


At the request of my Aunt and Katie, here are some pictures of Caroline's nursery. I looked forever to find bedding I liked for her. With girl's bedding I feel like it is either super cheesy or super expensive. Luckily we found this at Babies R Us when the line was being discontinued. Wendy Bellissimo makes it and she does a lot of celebrity nurseries. I guess BRU brought her on to do an affordable line at their stores. I took the pictures with Caroine on my hip, so they are not the greatest.

I found this at the Pottery Barn Outlet after months of searching.

Instead of doing a separate changing table and dresser, I just put the changing pad on top. We have natural wood baby furniture, but I needed white for the bedding. Luckily our neighbors let us borrow their white crib!

Nate's parents got Caroline this chair for her nursery. Nate was slightly nervous when I said we were getting a pink chenile chair, but I think it looks great! The dresses are my family's baptismal gown and the dress I came home from the hospital in. She wore it in her birth announcement. My friend Bonnie made her the piggy bank and the 2 baby dolls were mine. The one on the left is Victoria and the one on the right is Samantha

On her message board I put her ultrasound pictures, birth announcements from her friends, family pictures, and Nate's flight information from the day she was born.

Since I did the letters in Ben's room, I wanted to do something different in Caroline's. My neighor Bonnie (www.sweetnsassydesigns.googlepages.com) does lettering that looks just like paint. She can have it say whatever you want, so I did her monogram over the crib. It really pops out against the pink, but it is hard to see in the picture because of the flash.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie Jackson said...

I'm not sure who this Bonnie chick is, but she does fabulous work!! :) I think she knows Santa's elf, Brian.
Cute pics...the room is so adorable!!!

January 24, 2009 at 10:21 AM

 
Blogger The Gordon Family said...

So cute Lisa, I love it!!

January 26, 2009 at 11:31 AM

 
Blogger Nancy Eckert said...

Your Mom was right- the nursery is fantastic! You certainly have a flair for decor! I love the color scheme and all of the special touches! It is the perfect place for Miss Caroline to lay her head.
Love,
Aunt Nance

January 26, 2009 at 2:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home