Friday, November 21, 2008

Updates from this week

We have been super busy around here, but I wanted to post some funny happenings before I forget!
*Ben and I were in the car and he was telling me about the planets. He was describing how the green planet was the closest to God. (Not sure which planet he was refering to or where he got his information but I was going with it)Then he busts out, "So we have to take care of the green planet and God or else we are going to have to deal with the Holy Spirit" I almost drove off the road.

* Jack lost a tooth and his lame-o parents forgot the tooth fairy. Nightmare. As you all know, I am going to be absolutely devastated the day my kids stop believing in tooth fairy, Santa, Easter Bunny, etc... So I enlisted the help of my awesome neighbors. Jackie put together a very authentic news story and emailed it to me. Also my neighbor Michelle passed along a power point presentation from the tooth fairy apologizing for not getting to all of the houses last night. Fingers crossed he bought it.

* Knock on wood, Caroline has been sleeping awesome this week. I nurse her around 8 or 9 and then Nate gives her a formula bottle before he goes to bed and she sleeps until about 4. This also means that she is awake more during the day, which the boys love.

* So far she is a really good baby. She hardly ever fusses, so when she does Ben gets very concerned. The other night Nate was giving her a bath and she started to cry. Ben got out of the tub and said, "Mommy come get Caroline, she is fussy." Then he looks at Nate and says, "Maybe she doesn't like you?".

* Jack's football season ended last weekend, so this is the first week since July that we have had family dinner every night. Nate and I have loved it. The kids however are ready to go back to mac'n'cheese and spaghetti-os.

* We went for ice cream afterschool yesterday because the boys both brought home AWESOME progress reports this week.

* Apparently the playmats are becoming popular with older brothers these days. (See the Harrison Family blog). This is how I found Ben the other morning:


* Bath time has been an adventure recently! But the end result is so worth it:

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelly and Brent said...

Kids have a crazy and funny imagination. Glad they are keeping you on your toes! :)

Do you bathe all the kids together? I am happy to see that Caroline is sleeping well for you. That is always nice! And I am very happy that she has her hair still...keep those cute little bows coming! :)

November 21, 2008 at 5:54 AM

 
Blogger Lisa Sanders said...

Nate is actually SuperDad and bathes them all himself. Jack gets in the shower and he puts Caroline in her baby tub in the tub with Ben. Ben wanted to be a big boy last night, so he showered with Jack. Either way, it is super crazy around here from 7:15 until lights out!

November 21, 2008 at 8:13 AM

 
Blogger MattandErin said...

Thanks for the update! I have been dying for new pictures of Caroline... i can't wait to see all the kids on Sunday. And Ben is such a hoot! :)

November 21, 2008 at 10:32 AM

 
Blogger The Gordon Family said...

I love the pictures, sounds like you have adjusted well to life with three kids! I love the stories of the things they all say, kids are too precious with their innocent minds.
I am looking forward to Sunday night and hanging out!

November 21, 2008 at 11:17 AM

 
Blogger Jen Daniel said...

I had to laugh out loud to Ben's comment to Nate about Caroline not liking him. That's hilarious! I love seeing things through the eyes of kids! Your life sounds buzy and full of fun. I hope that we'll be able to have our 3rd. It just seems perfect! :-)

November 21, 2008 at 12:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home