Monday, July 5, 2010

July 4th

As I was tucking Ben into bed last night, he said it was the best Fourth of July and I have to agree with him! After attending Mass, we came home and had a family lunch before Ben and Caroline went down for naps. Ben had to be bribed with, "You can stay up later if you nap now" and it worked. Jack and I took a nature hike and then started to decorate his bike for the parade. Nate and I made signs for a wagon we used to pull Caroline in and Ben decorated his scooter when he woke up. The parade was super fun and the kids had a blast riding their decorated rides. I was really nervous that we were going to have to cut our night short because Caroline did not smile the entire parade. After a hot dog and the band started playing, she caught her second wind! When we got back to the house, we did sparklers and were just about to go to bed when multiple firework shows started going off in the neighborhood. The kids just sat in the cul-de-sac and were able to enjoy the show without us leaving our neighborhood.









2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Great pics! Looks like you guys had a great time :) .... Lisa, I love your hair, it looks great!

July 5, 2010 at 12:16 PM

 
Blogger Katie Tucker said...

Lisa, I haven't seen you in forever obviously...I love the new haircut and I can't believe hold quickly Caroline is growing up! I have seen a few pics of your sis and she looks just like her. Looks like you have a great 4th:)

July 9, 2010 at 1:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home