Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I have lost my mind...


I am not a runner. Period. I had to train for a 5K. So what does one do when they are not a runner? Oh they sign up for a half MARATHON. THIRTEEN POINT ONE MILES. I think my commute to work is shorter than that, but I am honestly afraid to check. Come April 24th I will be running the Nashville Rock'n'Roll Half Marathon with my some of my best friends from college. Now I can only speak for myself, but the reason I am running has less to do with the whole "sense of accomplishment" thing and more to do with the fact my friend Katie (who just ran her first half in Novemeber) is teeny tiny. So my thinking is that I get a fun weekend with my girls, plus I will be all set for bathing suit season. We start the official training on February 22nd, but since I have not run in so long I have started running regularly again as to not embarass myself when we all get together for our weekly long runs. I have already made peace with the fact that I am going to finish last out of my friends. But I will finish because let's face it--I have now announced it to the Facebook and Blog World-- I kindof have to. Wish me luck! More importantly ask me how my training is going.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Lisa, I think it is awesome that you are training to run a half marathon... I know you can do it! This will be fun to do with your friends. I think the biggest help is to have friends to run with it, it makes the time and pain go by faster :)

January 20, 2010 at 5:39 AM

 
Blogger Kelly and Brent said...

Good luck Lisa! I wish I could run -- I have tried and it is just not in me. You will do great and like you said you will get great exercise and a wonderful weekend with your friends :)

January 20, 2010 at 8:46 AM

 
Blogger MattandErin said...

Yipppeee! We can all be miserable and skinny together! Although, days that I run, I am starving all day, so I am not sure that it is doing me any good. All's well. Good times, right?!

January 20, 2010 at 7:46 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

YEAH Lis!!! You are going to thank me for this run and you may even be addicted when it is all said and done! I can't even wait for the weekend, the run will be hard but amazing and the concert and weekend will be awesome!!

January 24, 2010 at 6:37 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't know why this says it is jeff but it's me - Katie:)!

January 24, 2010 at 6:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home