Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Good Times Never Been So Good...

Our Sweet Caroline is ONE!! I absolutely can't believe it. It feels like yesterday I was in Northside waiting for her to make her arrival. Now she is one! We had a great day with Caroline celebrating her special day. The boys woke her up singing "Happy Birthday" this morning. Then chocolate chip muffins for breakfast and a present from Jack and Ben. They wanted to make her a bear that had their voices wishing her a happy birthday. We went to Build A Bear last night and they were so excited to give it to her this morning. They were really cute building the bear because the lady was getting so into it and the boys were trying to be good sports but when she told them to kiss the hearts, Jack looked at me like "Seriously? I'm 8". After we sent the boys off to school, Nate and the bear played downstairs while Mommy worked from home. I couldn't imagine not spending today with her so my awesome boss let me work from home. We opened the fun presents my Aunt Nancy got Caroline. She loves the "My First Purse". Right before lunch time we got Caroline dressed and let her open her present from my parents. My Mom ordered her Bitty Baby months ago because we Arndt girls LOVE American Girl. I played with Samantha when I was younger, and she is sitting in Caroline's room waiting for her to be old enough to play with her! When I first found out I was having a girl, American Girl is one of the first things I thought of. (along with lunch at Cinderella's Castle, Prom, Wedding Dress Shopping and Getting Pedicures). Caroline's reaction didn't disappoint! She said hi to the baby as soon as she opened the package. Bitty Baby has gone everywhere with her today. I love it!
We made Caroline's cake this afternoon and had breakfast for dinner as her special birthday dinner. A couple of months ago I picked out a silver pattern for Caroline. Every year for her birthday or Christmas, we will add to her collection so that when she gets married, she will have a full set. With the help of my facebook friends, I choose Reed and Barton Francis I. We ordered the cake knife and used it to cut her cake. We will use the same knife for all of her birthday cakes and when she gets married she can use it to cut her wedding cake. (I wish I could take credit for this idea but, I totally stole this from a blog I read while on bedrest. :)) AFter the bear enjoyed her cake it was bath, night time story and straight to bed. Our first night without a bottle went fantastically! Here are a couple of pictures from her day!










5 Comments:

Blogger The Browns said...

Happy Birthday Miss Caroline! I am so happy to have another friend join the 1+ club. (except my mom always says it goes by too fast!) It sounds like you had a great day! Can't wait to see you and your new bitty baby!
Ella Brown

October 27, 2009 at 6:47 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Caroline!!! I love all the pictures from your special day and your excitement about your gifts is priceless :)

October 28, 2009 at 6:25 AM

 
Blogger Katie Tucker said...

Happy Birthday Caroline! What a fun day! I love bitty baby, your new bear and your new red and white dress. Smart mommy with the silver. You'll thank her later!!!!

October 28, 2009 at 7:45 PM

 
Blogger The Gordon Family said...

Love your birthday celebration day, and love the china idea! Katelyn LOVES her bitty and I think is getting her first American Girl from Santa, maybe someday we can take them to the American girl cafe for lunch (Blake can be their date)! Can't wait to see you Sat.

October 29, 2009 at 5:48 PM

 
Blogger Kelly and Brent said...

Happy Birthday Miss Caroline! I can't believe you turned one!!! Looks like you had a fabulous birthday. Baby dolls are the best! :)

November 1, 2009 at 5:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home